Marguerite

Marguerite 

Possibly built by Collings & Bell c.1919/23. Hull is d/d kauri, 44′, sleeps 9, all the mod cons fitted & overall including the traditional interior not too messed around with, so could be returned to her finest without too much effort.

BUT BUT BUT – why do people list a boat for sale & do not include the boats name in the listing 😦

Can anyone put a name to her?

details here http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/motorboats/auction-659271279.htm

Harold Kidd Update

She’s MARGUERITE, built by Collings &  Bell at St. Mary’s Bay for H.S. Harrison of Stanley Bay and launched in late January 1920. She originally had a 120-140 hp Van Blerck 6 cylinder, a top US-built engine of the time for which C&B were agents. The Van Blerck is not to be confused with the JVB as fitted originally to NGAIO although from the same designer, Joseph van Blerck. Harrison sold her to C.G. McIndoe of Remuera in October 1923. He renamed her her LADY UNA and she kept that name for many years. McIndoe passed her on to H L G McIndoe (son?) in 1945 when she was re-engined with a 142hp Chrysler. In 1950 the Chrysler was replaced with a 200hp Scripps.

Robin Elliott photographed her in Paremata in 2000, looking pretty good. She later came north, to Whitianga, it seems.

Lovely boat.