photos & details ex James Groenhart
I spied Ballerina at Mahurangi during the 2016 Regatta weekend & she was looking superb. James told me she had recently spent 5 weeks in the care of Colin Brown & Dave Walker at Jones Road, Omaha (same site as Anita Bay & Little Tasman). While she was structurally in great condition there were some areas that needed attention.
Colin & Dave completed the following work to a superb standard, & interpreted what James wanted perfectly, as well as being completely sympathetic to the character of the boat.
- A new hardwood worm shoe was made & fitted.
- Mahogany cabin sides & coamings were taken back & minor rot repairs carried out, particularly around the sliding side windows & timber fixed window beading.
- Butterfly skylight hatch was restored & glass re set to stop leaks.
- A new timber forehatch was made & fitted.
- Duckboard deck was replaced.
- Cabin top grab rails removed, restored & re fastened.
- Repainted hull (using Altex ‘Classic White’), cabin sides & deck.
Great to see work like this recorded so thoroughly.
Click photos to enlarge.
Another Record Viewing Day Yesterday !!!!!!