Todays woody was designed in 1950 by Jack Guard, who built the hull and John McCauley did the decks and wheelhouse in Putatea Bay, at the top of the South Island. As per all of Jack’s boats she was built of kauri / hardwood with birch ribs.
Her specs are 34’ in length with a 10’ beam. When built she was powered with a JP2 Lister engine, that was replaced approx. 25 years ago with a Detroit GM 371.
Subject to a survey – she appears to have great bones and would be a cool candidate for a conversion to pleasure use. Nelson is the home port.
Thanks to Ian McDonald for the tme heads up.