Patina’s trademe listing states she was built in 1906 from double plank kauri, measures 39’ in length and is powered but 54hp Yanmar diesel engine. Cruise speed is 8>9 knots.
Home port is Chaffers Marina, Wellington.
The photos do not show it but she has a torpedo shaped stern.
Can anyone expand on what we know about this woody?
A lot of windows to clean 🙂
Harold Kidd Input – PATINA was built by Ernie Lane at Picton in 1913, not 1906, as LA REINE (“The Queen”) for C.W. Philpotts of the Sounds Motor Launch Company as a passenger vessel. She was originally fitted with a 20hp Bolinder semi-diesel reversing engine. Later she went fishing out of New Plymouth with a Fairbanks-Morse and spent time recently in Tauranga too.