NUKUTERE – Part 1
The owners of Nukutere have asked if the WW readers can supply anymore details / history on their launch. We know that she was built by A. Sang & Sons, of Wellington in 1942 & she is 46’ in length & kauri planked.
Currently powered by twin 80hp Ford (Lees) diesels – installed in 1979 that push her along at between 9>10.5 knots. Home these days is Onahau Bay, Queen Charlotte Sound in the South Island.
She may have been used as a patrol boat in Wellington during the war.
WW understands she is 4sale – would be nice to see her head north & join the CYA cruising fleet 😉