The above photo shows Moata alongside the old Clevedon Wharf on the Wairoa c.1960.
What became of her & details on her past life would be a nice – workboat woodys??? (Photo ex Lew Redwood Facebook)
Input from Harold Kidd & Cameron Pollard – MOATA was built in 1937 by W.G. Lowe & Son for Nobel Explosives to bring explosives from the stores at Maraetai to town. She replaced the cutter REWA.
Currently owned by Fin Horder and fishing out of Westport/Greymouth and further. So she’s not a “captain calm water” boat. Gardner powered of course and she is kept in perfect condition.
Geoff Brebner Input – For years she was kept on a mooring at Kawakawa Bay, not far from the ICI explosve magazine at Waitawa Bay.