Westshore 1931 Regatta
Now I might be losing my marbles, but I’m pretty sure I haven’t run this story before.
Back in early 2019 an old friend – Greg Fenwick, sent me the above photo of the motor boat – Heather, participating in the Westshore Regatta in Napier on Jan 31st 1931.
In the photo Greg’s dad John, is on the helm, aged 12 years at the time.
Four days later the Napier Earthquake hit and the waterway in the photo was no more. The location is now close to the site of the current Napier Airport. The houses still exist and are next to the main highway north in to Napier.
Any info on what became of Heather would be most welcome.
Job Opportunity At Auckland Boat Yard
Todays a shout out to anyone that is this person or knows someone that is – looking for a work-life change. If you have a CV you’re probably not who we are looking for 🙂
In no particular order does this sound like you –
• Good practical hands on general skills
• Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and just get the job done
• Sense of humour
• Looking for full time / part time / flexible hours
• Age open – young > old, its all about attitude
We offer –
• Small passionate team
• Central Auckland location
• Working railway slip – one of few left in Auckland
• Wide variety of work
• Plenty of parking
INTERESTED? In the first instance email firstname.lastname@example.org