According to the ‘sales pitch’ given to Toroa’s new owner, Brian Simpson, she was built by Chas Bailey & Sons in the 1950’s. Approx. 26′ long & built of kauri.
Toroa spent it’s life in Auckland until Brian moved it to Taupo 5 months ago.
Any information about it’s history would be much appreciated.
Photo below ex Derek Molander – Caption – Watch officer Ces Todd and a party of cadets in 1967. The Coast Guard cutter Toroa lies at anchor behind them.